Yes, you can. After logging into Bill Pay, there are several options available. Click Account Management and then go to the Paperless Options tab. Under this tab you can choose to receive an email when your bill has been created. This email can be sent whether you choose the paperless option or not. To receive an email to remind you of your due dates, click Notifications. The choices are a 2-day due date reminder, a 7-day due date reminder, and cutoff reminder. You can select all three or just one of these options. Follow the setup steps and subscribe to the notifications you are interested in receiving. You can always remove yourself from receiving any of the emails at any time.
2. Enter the account number you would like to view exactly as it appears on your paper bill.
3. Enter the last 4 digits of your social security number.
4. Enter your email address.
5. Click “Submit.” An email will be sent to the email address entered.
6. Open the email and click on the link to activate the registration.
7. Enter your account number.
8. Enter any password you choose. Your password is case sensitive.
9. Confirm your password. It must match the previous password exactly.
10. Enter your mother’s maiden name (confirmation in case you forget your password at a later date).
11. “Submit” – you should now be able to log in.
After logging into the Pay Your Bill Online site, click “Payment History” in the left column. Payments made online show immediately.
You will need to use a different email address for each member. For security reasons, two member numbers may not have the same email address. However, one member number can have multiple accounts linked to one email address.
If you need to change your email address from the one you used to register, log into the online bill pay site and click on account management. In the Change e-mail address/password section, enter the new email address and click submit.
If you have already registered and you have forgotten your password, then click on the “Forgot your password? Click here” link on the online bill pay site. Complete the requested information (email address and Mother’s maiden name). Our system verifies that this matches the information on file and an email will be sent to you with the password within minutes. If you do not receive this email, please check your junk or spam folder as some email programs may think it is spam. If you do not receive the email or are still unable to access the payment site, please contact Customer Service and we will reset your account so that you can restart the registration process. Our Customer Service Representatives do not have access to your password information so resetting your account or requesting an email be sent to you with your login information would be the only option available for them to assist you. Please remember the system is case sensitive.
Go to the Pay Your Bill Online web page.
1. Enter your email address.
2. Enter your password.
3. Press “Login.” Account numbers associated with your email and password will appear for your review or payment.
1. Click “Pay Online Now” in the left column. Click on “Credit Card” to make a payment with Visa, Mastercard or click on e-check to pay with your bank account.
2. Under Pay Account Selection, select to pay Individual or Multiple Accounts.
3. If you chose Pay Individual Account, verify the Current Account number displayed is the account to which you want to make a payment.
4. If you chose Pay Multiple Accounts, you will be presented with a list of accounts and balances so that you can enter the desired payment amount for each account. Click OK.
5. Select Visa, MasterCard or echeck.
6. Verify payment amount. Complete remaining fields and hit Submit. (Hit one time only.) After submitting your payment, you should receive a payment confirmation. Additionally, an email will be sent to you as a confirmation. If you do not receive the confirmation page, do not resubmit the payment. Check to see if the payment posted by clicking on “Payment History” on the left. If the payment does not show, call the office at (910) 353-1940 or 1( 800) 682-1515.
Jones-Onslow EMC is protecting the online bill payment site with a VeriSign Secure Site Pro Extended Validation (EV) Certificate, which is the strongest SSL encryption available at this time. We have found that some computer browsers need to be updated to use this type of certificate. You can do this by accessing https://extended-validation-ssl.verisign.com and waiting for the page to appear. This is a website that Verisign has created to update browsers that do not have knowledge of the EV Certificate. This update will occur in the background and you will not be required to do anything. Browsers currently supported with SSL encryption for JOEMC’s online bill payment include Microsoft Internet Explorer (Window OS) and Mozilla’s Firefox (Windows OS and Mac OS). Both browsers can be downloaded for free.
If you do not receive an email from email@example.com within several minutes of registering, please check your junk or spam folder as some email programs may think it is spam. If you find the email in one of these folders, please open the email and complete the steps. If you do not find the email, call customer service at (910) 353-1940 or 1 (800) 682-1515 and they can email your login information to the email address supplied at registration.
We use secure sockets layer (SSL) to secure e-commerce transactions. SSL encrypts your information so that no one can access it while it travels the Internet. Users of high-security browsers, such as Internet Explorer 7 and Firefox 3, will notice a green address bar which indicates the Extended Validation SSL Certificate we have purchased to secure our Pay Your Bill Online website.
Go to the Pay Your Bill Online web page.
1. Enter your email address.
2. Enter your password.
3. Press “Login.” Account numbers associated with your email and password will appear for your review or payment. Click the Billing History section. This will provide a list of bills issued for the past year. You can simply click the bill date to see an image of the bill. Only bill issued July 2015 and beyond are available on the website, bills issued prior to July 2015 can be sent to you by contacting our office.
Jones Onslow is a not for profit electric cooperative so monies remaining at the end of the year after operating expenses have been paid are credited back to the members who created them through the purchase of electricity. These credits are put into a member’s capital credit account and over time, as deemed possible by the board of directors, these credits are returned to the consumer. When the board authorizes a refund, letters are sent to each member who contributed towards the capital credits for that designated year. By signing and returning the form you are confirming you are the person eligible to receive the refund and that Jones-Onslow has your correct information.
The Cooperative needs to ensure the address of the member is valid for all patrons eligible for a refund and a signed form ensures the address is valid and the member wants to receive the refund for the specific years named in the letter.
If you have completed this information in any of the previous years, all that is needed is your signature. If this is your first year of completing a form like this one, please supply all of the information.
Typically all signed letters mailed or delivered to us are processed upon receipt. Therefore, if the signed letter is received by the third week of the month the credit should be applied by the end of the same month. The next bill should have a mention of the Capital Credit Refund at the top of the statement. Inactive members should receive their refund check during the next month after we have received their signed letter.
Absolutely. We open and process all of the mail we receive the same day we receive it, so using the same envelope will not delay the posting of the payment or the capital credit form.
Yes, as long as it is legible.
It is preferable to credit your primary electric account because it is more cost effective. Issuing and mailing checks adds an additional amount of labor, postage, and tracking of your refund. Plus the check could be lost or delayed in the mailing process and we want you to receive the benefit of your refund as promptly as possible, but we can issue a check if a member requests it.
If the spouse is the member and the person named on the letter, you can still sign the form if you have provided us with a copy of your power of attorney. Also if the membership is still active and you are listed as the joint spouse on the membership, you can sign the form.
Jones-Onslow EMC’s board has deemed the company financially stable to refund capital credits for a number of years and we have issued these forms every year. If you do not recall signing a form like this in the past you may have prior years of retirement money available. Contact our service department to determine if you have available money other than this current year and they will send you a form to sign for those years.
Heirs of the deceased member may be eligible to receive the member’s capital credits upon receipt of the proper documentation. A death certificate and letter of testamentary are normally required to estate the member’s capital credits. We also need an irrevocable donation of capital credits form signed by the representative or heir of the decedent’s estate. This form can be obtained from any of our consumer representatives upon request.
Even though you have multiple accounts you are considered one member and the allocations are calculated for the entire membership.